IPM (Integrated Programme in Management), a 5 year programme Launched in 2011 by IIM-Indore, is the first of its kind in India. It’s a programme that makes IIM accessible even to students in their 10+2.Though many countries have adopted such programme long ago yet IPM is a unique and creative programme in India meant for young students with managerial and leadership aspirations. For the first three years, students acquire knowledge of diverse subjects like social sciences, mathematics and economics and then eventually goes on to pursue the PGP programme in the final two years., IPM has become a credible option apart from Engineering, Law and Medical. It makes it possible for future management students to learn specific lessons immediately after 10+2 rather than something irrelevant. Edufoster is considered the best for IPM entrance exam due to its dedicated faculty members and meticulously prepared curriculum. The course fee for resident Indians for the first three years of the IPM would be Rs. 4,00,000/-per annum and Rs. 6,00,000/ for Non Resident Indian (NRI) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI). Course fee for the fourth and fifth years would be as per prevailing Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) fees. The course fee includes lodging, access to lectures, computer facilities and library. IPM 2018 is scheduled to be conducted on May 11th across 28 test centers in India by IIM-Indore.
selection process comprises the followings:
- An application form aimed at understanding the students’ proficiency in academics, as well as in co-curricular activities is filled up by the aspirant.
- An entrance examination follows, to test the applicant’s aptitude, logical reasoning and proficiency in English and Mathematics.
- Shortlisted candidates appear for personal interviews. The interview panel comprises well–qualified professors from IIM Indore and other prestigious institutions. The interview judges the students’ level of confidence, communication skills, general awareness, persuasion skills and knowledge.
IIM Indore admits about 120 students to the IPM every year.
- Courses in Mathematics, Statistics and Economics build analytical rigour.
- Courses in Psychology, Sociology and Political Science along with courses in Economics provide an understanding of the core disciplines on which the study of management is based.
- Courses in Humanities, Literature and Fine Arts provide breadth and perspective.
Courses Offered in First 3 Years
Mathematics, Statistics, Economics
- Foundation Courses in Maths & Statistics
- Mathematical Modelling
- Stochastic Modelling
- Spreadsheet Modelling
- Indian Economy
- Micro and Macro-economics
- Money, Banking and Finance
- International Trade
- Game Theory
Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Foundations of Management
- Introduction to Sociology & Psychology
- Public Administration
- Business, Government and Society
- Principles of Management
- India & World Politics
- International Relations
- Business History
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, German
- Communication & Presentation Skills
- Dance, Music
Facts that made IPM the most sought after programme for teenagers are
- Less competition to get into IIMs-- As IPM is still in its early stage, it provides the chance of making it to the IIM when the competition is extremely less. While almost 1.8 lakh students appeared for CAT in 2015, only about 18,000 appeared for the IPM test in the same year.
- Well charted curriculum— One can devote one’s quality time and most importantly willingness to learn only those specific subject that are required and that too through well charted curriculum.
- The IIM Brand Value – It seems great to be part of incredible institutions like IIMs as early as being a teen. This can be possible only through IPM.
- Dream Placements – It’s well known fact that a fresher graduating from an engineering college bags an average salary package of anything between 3 - 7 lakhs, whereas an IPM graduate gets empowered with a salary package of something between 15 - 20 lakhs. In terms of career growth too it’ invincible.