Selection process at some of the premium B-schools as well as IITs is briefly discussed
20 IIMs -- CAT Score together with own GWPI process
- Group Discussion is no longer the integral part of selection process at most of the IIMs. They have rather adopted Written Ability test as a part of the written test (therefore the name GWPI)
- Most of the new IIMs conduct a common WAT followed by PI process.
- its well known fact that the weight age of academic background and work experience varies from institute to institute and from year to year.
For MBA at IITs-- CAT Score together with own GDPI process
- 98 percentile is what is usually required for final consideration at IIT Bombay closely followed by IIT Delhi, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Kanpur etc. Here too each IIT has set specific selection criteria. It is visible from this fact that only 20% weight age to CAT score is assigned by IIT,44% to WAT-PI and 36% to profile.
- Engineering graduates/those in final year of graduation are only considered by most IITs. However, IIT Madras and IIT Delhi allow candidates from non-engineering background as well.
IIFT, TISS, MICA etc--- Conduct their own exam + GWPI process
- Entrance test by IIFT is usually conducted in November, where as the results are announced in December. The GWPI process is usually conducted in Jan-Feb.
- Some weight age to CAT is considered by MICA but conducts its own exam as well which is called MICAT. The shortlisted candidates are given a preliminary selection status at the end of the GDPI process – Selected, Waitlisted and Rejected.
- TISS conducts its own test TISSNET usually in January. It admits candidates for a range of "Master of Arts" programmes. The institute follows a very unique pedagogy with up to 3 internships.